The Center for Migration Research aims to:
- promote multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary research on diverse aspects of the causes, dynamics and consequences of internal and international migration;
- develop research capacities and enhance theoretical and methodological knowledge of migration by sharing research expertise and information in national and international conferences, symposia, seminars, workshops and lectures;
- act as a focal-point for a nation-wide network of scholars and policy makers working in the field of migration;
- develop and supervise teaching programs and combined degree courses through inter-faculty activities;
- disseminate the results of research activities in the form of a book series on migration studies, working papers, a website and information portal;
- develop projects for implementation and provide research and advisory services for policy and decision makers at the national and international levels;
- set-up a well-endowed electronic library and documentation center that will provide online, digital information database and reference services on migration as well as audio-visual materials, oral history and memorials.